Concerned about your sexual health? Dr. Noushin Firouzbakht at NFMDPA Obstetrics and Gynecology Practice in Fort Worth, TX are the women's sexual health experts you want on your side.
Why Is Women's Sexual Health So Important?
Women’s sexual health is about much more than being able to engage in sex. It’s about the health of your entire being. Your sexual health is – in part – about being able to participate in sexual activity. However, it’s also about your ability to enjoy the activity as well as your physical, emotional, and psychological wellbeing.
Sex isn’t just something that makes you feel good. It actually provides amazing benefits, including the ones listed below:
- It’s great for cardio health, lowering your risk of heart disease, and lowering blood pressure.
- It releases oxytocin and endorphins, which are both natural hormones that fight depression and anxiety.
- It also helps relieve pain, as endorphins are a natural pain killer.
- It can also increase your libido, leading to more sex in the future.
- Sex is great for helping to relieve all forms of stress.
- It can boost your immunity, as research shows people who are sexually active one to two times per week tend to have fewer sick days.
- It’s incredible for strengthening your relationship with your partner.
- Sex can also make you feel better about yourself and more desirable.
If you take a look at these benefits, you’ll notice that many of them directly impact one another. This leads to a tremendous positive impact.
In order for you to not only participate in but also enjoy sex, your sexual health needs to be in good shape. This includes ensuring that every part of the body related to your sexual system is functioning properly and doing its job well.
It also means having a gynecologist who you can comfortably speak to about all of your concerns and feelings – and who respects your thoughts and wishes. This should include everything from your view on birth control to using natural methods for treatment.
NFMDPA Obstetrics and Gynecology Practice in Fort Worth, TX, Dr. Firouzbakht and her team are dedicated to protecting, improving, and maintaining women’s sexual health. And they are committed to you – ensuring your needs and concerns are met in a way that you feel comfortable with.
If you’re ready to improve your sexual health in Fort Worth, TX, Dr. Firouzbakht and her team at NFMDPA Obstetrics and Gynecology Practice are here to help. Make your women's sexual health appointment today by calling (817) 878-2667.